Making Pumpkin Fritters!Clamber Club
Pumpkin fritters always feel like such an easy cheat to get the kids to eat veggies! They taste delicious, and they smell just like pancakes, so there is always a lot of excitement to make and eat them!
The kids also love to sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on before eating them. Here is the recipe we use to make our amazingly yummy pumpkin fritters.
- 2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin (around 500g) (We always take great delight in using the kitchen scale to measure the ingredients, and are usually side tracked for 20 minutes as we have to then weigh everything we see in the kitchen!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbles brown sugar
- Oil for frying
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 50g castor sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
1.Cook the pumpkin until soft and drain well. (
if it is not drained well, then the batter can be too runny)
2. Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract and mix.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to a soft but firm batter. Heat the oil on the pan.
4. Place a spoonful of the mixture into hot oil.
5. Fry on one side until golden brown and turn to cook on the other side.
6. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
7. In small bowl, combine castor sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over hot fritters before serving.
Eat and enjoy!