During the school holidays we decided to do something festive in preparation for the festive season. I decided to do my own DIY snow globes and we had so much fun making them! They are really easy to make and did not cost a fortune! I am all about recycling where I can so you can use your empty bottles that you have around the house. The children that I did this activity with were between 5-12 years.
Here is what we did:
- We used an empty Nutella bottle, washed it out completely and removed the lables.
- We then found a Christmas decoration that would fit into the bottle.
- We removed the plastic inner lid from the Nutella bottle and made a slight slit in it to wedge our Christmas decoration in, so this would not move. I did use a strong double sided tape to hold this in place. You could also stick the decoration down with a glue gun if you have one.
- Inset the Christmas decoration into the lid, and fill the bottle part with water.
- We then added our different colour glitter to the water.
- Next add a pinch of gelatine. This will make the glitter move slowly when you shake the snow globe.
- Screw on the lid with your decoration on it onto the bottle part and make sure it is shut tighly.
- Then decorate the outer bottle with tinsel.
We had great fun making our snow globes and you can really get as creative as you like. If you are using a smaller decoration you may have to buy some waterproof glue to stick down your decoration to the lid.