HEALTHY VEGGIE FRIES
As most parents know, there are two things you can’t force a child to do: sleep and eat. This is particularly true of toddlers, who often assert their will, especially when it comes to eating – or not wanting to eat the foods you put on their plates at mealtimes. This is even more of a challenge when it comes to vegetables, but don’t despair with time, patience, and a few fun recipes, even the pickiest eaters will find several veggies that they like, and this healthy vegetable chips recipe might just do the trick. Enjoy.
VEGETABLE CHIPS (FRENCH FRIES)
Ingredients:3 medium carrots
- 1 large, sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the carrots.
- Cut off the tips and ends.
- Cut them in half across then half-length ways (each carrot should make 8 sticks).
- Peel the sweet potato.
- Cut the sweet potato into the same sticks(same size and length) you cut for the carrots.
- In a mixing bowl combine the carrot and sweet potato sticks together.
- Add olive oil, rosemary, sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil and place the sticks onto the foil.
- Make sure your oven is hot when putting your chips in to cook.
- Bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes until they are soft and brown.
This is a wonderful way to try and get young kids to eat vegetables.
Clamber Club Sports City Bowl