Children love being given creative license to change a plain piece of paper into one filled with colour!
There are many ways to encourage and help your child to learn about shapes. Because shapes are all around us, it is easy to play ‘Find the Shape’ at home, in the car, in the store and elsewhere
Today we will be looking at a fun way of teaching shapes that you can do at home, that can help you take your child on a fun journey of learning and understanding the different shapes all around us.
What you will need:
- Printed picture of a star
- Paint brushes
- Powder glue mixed with water
- Glitter glue
- Packet of gold stars
- Art sand
- Different colour little stars
Working with glue, stars, art sand and glitter is a great activity for kids to explore their creativity and imagination and a fun way to get creative outdoors. It also makes a great sensory activity as children use their hands to manipulate the different textures.
- Apply glue to your printed picture with a paint brush. Apply it thick.
- Sprinkle sand using your fingertips.
- When the art work is dry, shake off any excess sand.
- Apply more glue for the stars and glitter glue.
- For colour add the gold stars to your picture.
Here is the YouTube tutorial on how to make your sparkly star picture: