Mothers Day fingerprint key chainClamber Club
As a mother of 3 I really look forward to Mothers Day, to the little time off but the extra hugs from my little ones. The yummy big lunch we share as a family & a day that I kind off pat myself on the back as I see how my children are growing up.
So this year I decided to not expect some little creative crafts made only by my children. But instead I wanted to spend some much needed quality time with them & make this mothers day gift something that I got to enjoy watching them having a blast making. And at the same time get something that I can treasure for every.
What you need:
- Baking Clay (I found this at an arts & craft store)
- Cookie cutter in the shape you want
- Kebab stick or tooth pick
- Key holder ring
- Baking paper
- Rolling pin
- Baking tray
- Those precious little fingers to make the special finger prints
- Paint / Pen to decorate it
- Get your clay out and gently knead it to soften it up. (This took us a while but my eldest did it slowly & got it all nice & pliable when he was being patient)
- We then put the clay in between some baking paper & rolled the clay out with the rolling pin (working all those little fingers)
- We then used the cookie cutter to cut out the shapes we wanted. We made some extra fish moulds with the left over clay.
- I used a kebab stick to make a little hole in the one corner (this will be for the key holder ring to go through once the clay has been baked)
- Then came the fun & special part. Each child came & pressed lightly on the clay with their thumbprints.
- I wrote the date on the heart with a standard pen just so I could remember this special date. For older kids they could do the writing & could maybe even write a special message. You could get creative & paint the clay now as well.
- Once these were all done, we followed the specific clay instructions & baked these in the oven (on the baking paper) for 30 minutes.
- Then kids wanted them out to see their handwork (well my daughter was convinced she could eat them after being baked)
- We let them cool & then added the key chain ring on.
The kids had a blast doing these & I couldn’t wait to put our special craft on my key rings. This is definitely a gift I will treasure forever.
Happy Mothers Day!